Welcome to Guernsey, a beautiful and vibrant island with a warm and welcoming community.
Follow the link to the visit Guernsey website for more information about how to get to the island, where to stay and what to do.
The accessAble website includes accessibility information about visitor accommodation, shops, restaurants, pubs, public toilets, visitor facilities and venues.
- Travel by sea: The passenger terminal building at St Peter Port Harbour is level throughout and there is a ramp at the side entrance to allow for wheelchair access. Follow this link for more accessibility information.
- Guernsey's main passenger services are provided by Condor Ferries, who operate between the Channel Islands, St Malo and the UK. For more information about disabled facilities and access when travelling with Condor Ferries, please follow this link.
- Travel Trident provides the passenger ferry service to Herm, for accessibility information follow this link.
- The Isle of Sark Shipping Company provides the passenger ferry service to Sark.
- Travel by air: Special assistance requirements need to be pre-booked through your airline and/or tour operator prior to your arrival at the terminal. The terminal building is wheelchair accessible and there are lifts to all floors. Follow this link for accessibility information.
- Travel by taxi: There are currently four taxis that are specifically licensed as disability accessible. They are each fitted with shallow wheelchair ramps as well as other specialised features to assist persons with a disability. Further information can be obtained here.
- Travel by bus: The bus service is operated by CT Plus. All buses have a wheelchair ramp, a dedicated wheelchair space and kneeling suspension. For more information about the bus service in Guernsey, please follow this link.
- Guernsey has many places to visit and things to do. Follow the link to visit Guernsey for a list of ideas, and check accessibility with accessAble.
- Beau sejour leisure centre and cinema. For more information follow the link Beau sejour.
- Oatlands activity Centre. For more information follow the link oatlands
- The Mallard cinema. For more information follow the link mallard cinema
- Guernsey aquarium, the only aquarium in the Channel Islands. Has recently been refurbished throughout to create a unique, authentic attraction and venue, with a new focus on local marine fish and life. It is housed in tunnels used by the Germans during the Occupation years as a store.
- Friquet garden centre 01481 253 684 has an indoor and outdoor children's play area.
Places of interest
- Guernsey has many places of interest but many of the heritage sites are not accessible to wheelchair users. The following are accessible but for more information about accessibility check with accessAble.
- Guernsey Museum at Candie Gardens houses permanent exhibitions showing the Archaeology of Guernsey, Treasures from around the world held in their collection and the Folklore of Guernsey with an Art Gallery, shop and cafe.
- Folk and Costume museum at Saumerez Park. Step back in time and enjoy the fascinating historic collections unique to this island with a visit to The Museum at Saumarez Park.
- Guernsey Tapestry at St James illustrates 1000 years of history in 10 embroidered panels.
- Bruce Russell Gold and Silversmiths. Browse the showroom or walk around their beautiful 6 acres of gardens and nature reserve.
- Catherine Best Studio a two generation family business that takes pride in exceptional craftsmanship and undeniably distinctive jewellery.tion family business that takes pride in exceptional craftsmanship and undeniably distinctive jewellery.
- St Johns Ambulance Health and Care equipment centre, Rohais, St Peter Port: 01481 729268 offers products for rent and for hire from a selection of over 1000 items, including specially designed cutlery crockery, wheelchairs, mobility scooters hospital beds and first aid supplies. The Shop supplies equipment to individuals who may need items to help relatives at home or visitors to the island.
- Guernsey mobility 07911 765917