Being a carer for someone is not always an easy role to fulfil by yourself and you may need some extra help.
- All you need to know about benefits and who to speak to can be found in the 'Tell me about financial support' section of this website.
- Did you know that carers may be entitled to an allowance of their own? Carer's Allowance is a weekly benefit for people caring for someone on Severe Disability Benefit. Carers must meet certain criteria and the allowance is subject to an upper limit on household income.
- You can find more information about Carer's Allowance by downloading the information leaflet on this page.
- In order to claim Carer's Allowance you need to fill out a claim form and send it to Social Security or the States Office, Alderney.
- The Carer's Allowance claim form can also be downloaded on this page.