- The Mignot Memorial Hospital is the centre for all nursing care, being the only nursing establishment on the island. Medical care within the MMH is provided by General Practitioners from the Islands Medical Centre.
- The Hospital consists of 22 beds, treatment, outpatient, and digital x-ray facilities.for more information call Tel: 01481 822822 (Nursing) or 01481 824415 (Administration) or follow the link Mignot memorial Hospital
- The Island Medical Centre, Sundial Surgery, Le Val. The reception is open from 08.00 am until 6.00 pm (Monday - Friday) and 8.45am- 11.30am (Saturday) for repeat prescription requests, to book appointments, pay bills and to ask for home visits.
- Tel 01481 822077 or follow the link for more information follow the link to the Island medical centre
- Alderney Dental Surgery, Les Venelles. Tel (0)1481 823131 or follow the link for more information follow the link to the Alderney dental surgery
- The Connaugh Care Homes provide residential services.
- The Connaught has 25 en-suite bedrooms available for long-term residents although two of these are usually earmarked for short-term respite care. Admissio is eityher as a proivate resident or you will be assessed as appropriately requiring care and support by Social Services via a social worker assessment. For more information follow the link to residential care
- Sheltered accommodation is provided in the Jubilee Home which has 14 single units which can be used for both long term and respite care.
- The Jubilee provides living accommodation for older people who wish to live independently but require some support with tasks of daily living. For more information follow the link to Jubilee Home
- Home Care is a service which provides care and support to Alderney residents in their own homes to enable them to live as independently as possible.
- This professional service offers a wide range of assistance within the home, examples of assistance can include:
- Light Housekeeping,
- Assistance with preparation of food and/or eating and drinking,
- Transporting e.g. taking people to medical appointments and day to day shopping,
- Assistance with personal care e.g. bathing, showering, dressing, toileting and continence management.
- It is charged at £15 per hour and hours are agreed by an assessment visit by the Connaught senior care staff.
- For more information follow the link to Home helps
- The Social Insurance Scheme applies to all individuals who live in Guernsey, Alderney, Herm and Jethou and are of school leaving age.
- Paying contributions gives you and your family insurance protection and the payments you make entitle you to claim various benefits.
- For information about benefits including carers allowance, sever disability allowance follow the link to Benefits
- Milly's Foundation
- Alderneys Dementia Charity providing training and support for professionals and carers. For more information follow the link to Milly's foundation.
- or call Colin Williams - 01481 824156 - who can offer individual advice and relevant contacts.
- Age concern
- Age Concern Alderney supports the elderly in the community; this support can be advice, companionship, transport, financial assistance, outings and holidays. For more information contact Barbara benfield on 077811236 or follow the link Age concern
- Lifeline service
- The Lifeline telephone system enables help to be summoned in an emergency 24 hours a day by simply pressing a button on a telephone or on a pendant or bracelet which is worn by the user. Fpr mor information follow the link to Life line
- Meals on wheels
- This Service is operated Monday to Sunday, there is a charge £7 per day for main meal and dessert and currently over 20 island residents enjoy this service. Available on days that suits you. Contact Liz Bowskill on 01481 822756 or follow the link to find out more information follow the link to the meals on wheels
- Mind Alderney
- Mind now offer community support and a signposting service. For more information follow the link to Mind Alderney