The information below summarises what you need to know about the various benefits that may be available to you.
Please take time to go through the different benefits and if you have any unanswered questions call 01481 732500 and ask for the relevant department.
Severe disability benefit
- Severe Disability Benefit is a weekly benefit intended for adults and children who have a physical or mental impairment (disability) and need a lot of attention or supervision by day or night. For more information and the right forms to complete please follow this link. Or telephone 01481 222506.
- For guidance on filling in the forms please follow the link. Severe disability benefit and carers guidance notes [662kb]
- We would recommend you have assistance in completing the claim form.
- Your healthcare professional, social worker or the following organisations may be able to help.
- Health Connections. Contact them on 01481 707470 or email email@example.com.
- Carers Guernsey. Contact them on 01481 266331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know carers may be entitled to an allowance of their own? Carer's Allowance is a weekly benefit for people caring for someone on Severe Disability Benefit. Carers must meet certain criteria and the allowance is subject to an upper limit on household income. For further information please follow this link or call (01481) 222507
- Income support can provide a weekly cash benefit to bring your household income up to a level which the States believes is enough to live on. The amount of benefit you receive is calculated on a weekly basis with reference to your household income. For more information please follow this link or call (01481) 222507(01481) 222508.
Sickness and Injury Benefit
Long-term care benefit
Old Age Pension
- Family Allowance is a weekly tax free benefit payable to people living in Guernsey and Alderney who are bringing up children. It does not depend on how much money you have coming in, or any savings you may have. For more details please follow this link.
- A number of benefits are available to people having a baby or adopting a child through a registered adoption agency. These benefits include maternity grant, adoption grant, maternal health and newborn care allowance and parental allowance. For further information please call the Parental Benefits helpline on (01481) 222505 or follow this link.