What is the Lifeline telephone service?
The Lifeline telephone system enables:
- help to be summoned in an emergency 24 hours a day by simply pressing a button on a telephone or on a pendant which is worn by the user.
- Pressing the button alerts the control station at the PEH who can try to gauge what the issue is and contact a named family member if help is required.
- If no named supports can be contacted the emergency services can be summoned.
- This is arranged via Sure Ltd. to whom a line payment is paid for the service.
- The application for the service can be made via your health or social care professional or directly via Sure on (01481) 700700.
- There are no age restrictions and the system is available to residents of Guernsey, Alderney and Sark.