The Rapid Response Team is a multi-disciplinary team aiming to prevent avoidable emergency admissions to hospital, residential and nursing homes. Endeavouring to maintain service users in their own homes during a period of crisis, which can be resolved with additional short-term nursing/social/therapy support. The service is available 7 days per week, for a maximum of 14 days.
- Service user must be assessed by a doctor as being medically stable
- Service user and/or primary carer accept the service
- Medical condition or situation will respond to short-term intervention
- Service user would otherwise have to be admitted to hospital, nursing or residential home
- Carer crisis which requires rapid support short-term