Senior Carers provide support with personal care such as washing, dressing, and assistance at meal times or help prompting medication.
- They will provide assistance as necessary but also encourage independence.
- The service user is requiring assistance with personal care e.g. washing, dressing, going to the toilet, catheter care, maintaining nutrition, prompting with medication.
- By the provision of social care support in the community, home care provision helps service users who need assistance with the activities of living, to live as independent a life as possible, whilst remaining in their own home.
- The amount of help required will depend on the needs of the service user, who is encouraged to remain as active as possible.
- An assessment of care needs will be completed by the most relevant professional and the service user or carer. A care plan will then be provided.