The shopping service provides:
- assistance to service users who are, for reasons of ill health or frailty, unable to perform this task themselves.
- This will include providing shopping service support when the main carer is unable to carry out this activity due to ill health. This may be undertaken by:
- The shopped for service - for service users who are unable to undertake this task even if assisted e.g. due to mobility restrictions or frailty.
- Assisted shopping - to promote independence support may be provided to accompany to the shops and assist as required.
- Prescriptions are also collected for service users on the shopping day and personal items that service users may need from St John Healthcare store.
- This service is for people who have no other way of accessing shopping or family/friend support to assist with this.