Step one

What to think about.

If you think your child may have additional needs, or are worried about your child's development, you may need help from a professional. This could be a paediatrician (children's doctor), occupational therapist, physiotherapist, psychologist, nurse, social worker, or a speech and language therapist. These professionals can work from different bases such as the hospital, community centre, schools, or your home.

Before you contact the professional take a little time to write down your concerns. Here are few things you might want to think about: